Oh. My. Gosh (for the correct effect, picture Janice, if she were a Christian, of course ;-)). I can hardly believe this soup is only 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus points per serving (well, 6 the way I made it, because I used a little more bacon :-P).
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed and cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free chicken broth (I used Kirkland Organic Chicken Stock)
- 1 1/2 cups 1% lowfat milk
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 10 tbsp reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp variety
- 6 tbsp chopped chives, divided (I omitted as I don’t like chives)
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (this is supposed to be divided between all 5 servings, but I used 4 slices of Oscar Mayer center cut bacon for just our 2 servings; 2 slices is only 1 point)
Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn over and microwave another 3 – 5 minutes, until tender. If you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.
Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot, until tender. Drain and return to pot. Add chicken broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil over medium heat. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Reduce heat to low. Add sour cream, salt & pepper to taste, half the chives and cook an additional 5 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat. Ladle 1 cup soup into each bowl. Top each serving with 2 tbsp cheese, remaining chives and crumbled bacon.
Serves 5. Serving size 1 cup.
I served this soup with a side of Alexia’s Spicy Sweet Potato Fries, as they are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and only 3 pts for 30 fries!!! This was a great dinner and plenty of food!
I hope you enjoy as much as we did! 🙂