This is hands-down one of my favorite recipes from SlimGenics. I apologize to those who are not doing SG, Lindora, etc. as you will not have the main product/ingredient to make this recipe, but I know there are quite a few who are doing these diets that are following this blog and this one is just too good not to share! I promise to make a better effort to post some really yummy, non-SG recipes soon! 🙂
This one uses the “Nacho Cheese Pasta” snack, which can be purchased from FamilyBariatric.com if you want to try this recipe and don’t have access to these diet centers who sell these snacks (or if you just want it cheaper!!). 🙂
Fiesta Pasta – 9 WW points/serving – serves 2
- 10 oz. lean ground turkey (I use 93/7, because I find 99/1 simply inedible!)
- 6 green onions – chopped (I omit as I don’t like onions)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, diced (I didn’t have any of these tonight, so I used a green pepper)
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt (we use Morton’s Lite salt or Sea Salt)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 pkgs Nacho Cheese Pasta snack
- 8 oz water
Add all ingredients except tomatoes, pasta packages and water to a sauce pan. Cook 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat until turkey is cooked (no pink).
Turn heat down to medium and add packages of nacho cheese pasta mix and 8 oz of water, stir.
Bring to a boil, then turn to low and cook 4-5 minutes. When pasta is soft it is done.
Remove from heat, stir in diced tomato and serve.