Today is the beginning of my 3rd week on Weight Watchers, and I’ve already identified a handful of foods that will be “sustainers”; things that taste far more decadent than their points values! A few of these (in the snack category) for me:
- Sugar-Free Jell-O snack cups with 2 tbsp Fat-Free Cool Whip: total points value for 1 gelatin cup w/cool whip = ZERO. Great way to satisfy a sweet tooth when you have no points left!
- Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges: total points value for 3 insanely creamy wedges = 2. Life without cheese is something I cannot fathom. 😉
- Quaker Chewy Smashbars: these favor-explosion bars are only 2 points each!
- Pop Chips! These were a favorite last time I did WW and nothing has changed! 22 chips = 3 points and they speak to both the salty and the crunchy cravings. 🙂
- Grapefruit! This may not sound decadent to many of you, but I am having a love-affair with this fruit right now. Throw a couple Splenda packets on a grapefruit and enjoy another snack that is ZERO points!
I’m sure there will be many more things that get added to the list over time, but these are the few for now, and it doesn’t even count the meals that I am discovering as new favorites.
Week two was very successful for me. I made good choices throughout the entire week and I feel great about my food decisions. I didn’t have any large meals that used my weekly extra points, but I did chip away at them a few a day, so I think I used about 15 of the 45 available. I didn’t feel deprived at all during the week (though I did have a couple hungry days, but I just ate a bit more those days and used some of those extra points – that’s what they are there for!) and I ate a lot of fruits and vegetables. I even got in some chocolate in those Quaker Chewy Smashbars! 😉
I reminded myself of all these things before I got on the scale for my weigh-in this morning, so I would remember these accomplishments and know I did indeed have an obedient and successful week, no matter what the number on the scale said. Low and behold, I was rewarded this week with a loss of 3.2 lbs! 😀
I am quite positive that every week will NOT yield results like this, as Weight Watchers isn’t designed for rapid weight loss, but I’m also not going to complain that I was blessed with that kind of week. Thank you, Father!! 🙂